June 10, 2011

D.A.N.G.E.R


I am really enjoying compiling this album as a record of Nicholas' primary school years.  Having a simple two page layout is perfect to record something quickly for each month of kindergarten - and it is not demanding of time or effort!!

It has seen me pull out all of my old Creating Keepsakes magazines and various Ali Edwards, Becky Higgins and Cathy Zielske books.  It is funny as I can see my style has very much changed.  I used to like all of the stickers, lettering and other bits and pieces to add to album pages, but now I am steering directly towards photos, my favourite cardstock and some text layout, so the Cathy Zielske books are getting a thorough re-read.  It really isn't dangerous as I see I can get a bit done while ever this renewed interest lasts!  I', also loving the A4 size American Crafts album, the first time I haven't used 12x12... 

And speaking of recording school memories and mementos, I was very chuffed to read in the school newsletter this week that Nicholas was one of 4 students receiving congratulations from the principal for finishing the Chief Ministers Reading Challenge.  A copy of that will surely appear in his album!

No comments:

Post a Comment