June 13, 2011

Queens and Castles

What better thing to do on the Queen's birthday long weekend, but visit a castle? We went back to Iandra Castle, this time with a few friends.
On the way there we stopped at the side of the road where there was this gorgeous cart, loaded with pumpkins, lemons and grapefruit.  All for $1 or $2.  I loved the "honesty tin".
At the castle, Nicholas put on his best Jedi Knight performance, while Audrey did a great version of the Little Princess (BBC version that is...) She loved the tumbleweed... I love her crown in the grass in front of her.  :)  She was disappointed she didn't see Rapunzel or the two "red chairs" though.

We also made a brief stop at the Japanese Gardens in Cowra - David and I first went while on our honeymoon, so it was nice to visit again, this time with our children.


1 comment:

  1. LOVE the pics Michelle!! Glad u had a great time away...

    ReplyDelete