May 26, 2012

Saturday


Today it is cold. After a morning of ballet and soccer, the kids and I snuggled under a blanket on the lounge and watched a gorgeous movie called The Fox and the Child. Admittedly I hired it for myself. The image of the little girl and her hair in two little buns did it for me.  I know how I'll be doing Audrey's hair for church tomorrow.  ;)
It is a beautiful story, narrated by Kate Winslet, of a little girl who over a period of time befriends a fox. Told through the seasons (stunning images from rural France) it is a lovely way to talk about nature.  As we watched, there were a couple of parts that I thought might have frightened Audrey, but I talked through them with her and she was fine - I was hoping nothing would happen to the fox as I didn't know how I'd explain that one away! I avoided talking about the fact foxes are an introduced species here and that we'd rather eradicate... but I did mention they are not good for farms as they kill the sheep.  :) 
Watch it.  You'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment