September 28, 2012

Friday

I feel very happy today as I can check off a couple of ufo's from my sewing cabinet.  The Heather Bailey book bags I have had cut and ready to sew for just over 12 months are finished!  Then I grabbed the heat pillow covers I had embroidered during winter 2011.  I thought that after being embroidered I wouldn't want them to end up under the kids feet in bed at night, so have sewn a back piece and stuffed them.  Now they are little pillows on Nicholas and Audrey's beds.  So another tick off the list.



Of course this all means that I can now devote time to finishing my patchwork quilt.  it is really the main thing (sewing) I would like to see completed before I return to work.  And now I feel I can do it without feeling stressed about the other projects lying around the house.


But first, a cup of tea and some reading of a different kind.


This afternoon Audrey and I are making fancy pants popcorn and watching Charlotte's Web.  Can you tell my mind, body and spirit are thriving on this time off work??

2 comments:

  1. love the colours you've used in your quilt- good luck with finishing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janet! I am excited to be on the downhill run now... this has been a 2 year project for me. I love your stitcheries and applique - something I have not attempted yet. :)

    ReplyDelete