I am LOVING this weather right now! (really, who isn't) When I came home from taking Nicholas and Audrey to school this morning I sat in our sunny morning spot with a cup of tea, a slice of David's bread toasted and read. It was divine... I can hear the breeze blowing through the huge gumtree in our neighbours yard and the hum of traffic along the road behind us.
I am hoping this can be the beginning of a joyful ritual I endeavour to undertake when I am on leave. 5 working days to go, but who is counting? Certainly not me when I think of the reports I need to have written and finalised before I finish...
At the moment I am reading Romulus, My Father by Raimond Gaita. I had seen the movie, but particularly wanted to read the book after David and I spent a little time in the area the book is set in. I love the way it is wrtitten as I think we all come from families with everyday stories that have contribued to making us who we are. I love social and personal histories.
Then with Nicholas I am reading the Borrowers by Mary Norton. I read these when I was younger. And Audrey is reading the Princess and the Pea by Hans Christian Anderson. When she likes a story she likes to read it every night. For days.
No comments:
Post a Comment