February 24, 2011

hobbies

Yesterday I spent a couple of hours crafting with some of the women from church  t is a great way of having a bit of social time and feeling productive!  I am almost finished one direction of hand quilting my quilt.

I have my next project lined up - a quilt for Audrey's single bed (when she moves into one).  I've also had an idea for another project for her bedroom.  I would like to decorate her room in a kind of Victorian nursery kind of way.  hard to explain, but I have the image in my head.  I had originally cut up a variety of small floral prints, which I was going to use for the quilt.  now that I have moved to using the latest French General range for it I have all these 4" squares to use for something. 

Some of them made their way into Audrey's dolls quilt she got for Christmas, but I will also make a small bunting for her room.  I can't wait to get stuck into that one.

On another note, I am very much a 'hand made card and a big kiss' for my birthday kind of mum... but this year I am getting something extra special...

Here is a clue... this book caught my eye and may be just what I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment