On the way home the other day I asked Nicholas what he did at school.
"I can't remember."
Later he asked if he had to go to school tomorrow and I said yes.
"But I want to do things at home. There are no toys to play with at school. We have to sit down and listen to stuff all the time. It's boring."
Then tonight:
"I got to choose the story today and I chose 'Three Billy Goats Gruff and the Troll'. And I got the weather right - Miss E asked what the weather was and nobody knew. I put up my hand and said Summer and she said very good. I stuck the summer picture up and it was of water and sand. We did musical statues and I tried to stand on one leg!"
I miss him during the day! I listen to The Innocence Mission (one of my favourite bands) while Audrey and I fill the day. My favourite song is Brotherhood of Man but I am enjoying this one today.
I know how you feel. I dropped the kids off at school today and drove to tuggeranong to get the car serviced. I started chatting to lauren on the way...she didn't answer so I flicked the mirror down to see what she was doing...she wasn't there, she's at school. I can't remember ever feeling so miserable and lonely. :(
ReplyDeletePamela
I know... for me it feels ike I have just settled into the rhythm of my life and then it changes again...
ReplyDelete