On Sunday night I happened to see a documentary with Ashley Judd and Madeleine Albright. I could write much about what the documentary covered, but there was one part of the conversation that really spoke to me. An issue I feel I have come to terms with in my life, but it is nice to hear supportive statements like this. It was about a woman's belief that she can have it all. Ashley Judd commented "It's not necessarily having it all, it's really being at peace with my choices." Madeleine Albright (an amazing woman) said "women can do everything, but not at the same time. Due to the fact that we're women our life comes in segments and we need to take advantage of that rather than bemoaning it."
I don't write about these things much here anymore. Actually I don't even talk about them much anymore. I don't listen to the news or current affairs the way I used to. Because listening to politicians demand justification for allowing human beings held in detention the right to attend the funerals of loved ones, who died in horrific circumstances... well it makes my blood boil. And I am trying not to feed my soul any negativity. ;)
I am passionate about issues of social justice. The Micah challenge is something I firmly believe in. I believe it is what God asks of us.. to do justice, love kindness and walk humbly with our God. Really, this clip says it all.
Anyone who would like to sign the Micah call can go here.
Hi Michelle,
ReplyDeleteI saw that doc too. Was awesome wasn't it, a lot of what was said spoke to me too especially that bit about segments.
On a completely different note.. Do you have a copy of "The Jolly postman" by Ahlberg? Its a kids book and really awesome but I can't find it anywhere.
Pamela
It was interesting just to see two women trying to make a difference in whicever way they can - great (madeleine Albright) and Ashley Judd who said when she makes changes in herself she can effect the world around her...
ReplyDeleteSorry I don't have that book, though I have heard of it...