I had a great time in Darwin the past week with old and new friends from East Timor. We worked long hours, but also had a little fun, seeing the king of the legend of East Timor.
I was moved when saying my goodbyes to the team I worked with. People who live lives I cannot relate to, who have histories I can only imagine. Their tears at saying goodbye touched me.
And today back to normality with a preschool excursion to the National Museum of Australia. The kids had a lesson in memories, and collecting. The museum was great, and I only fleetingly thought of what might had been.
I'm looking forward to Spring and some time off work in the next couple of months... being tourist in my own city. The time I plan to have off includes the next school holidays and I am determined to make them memorable for Nicholas and Audrey.
No comments:
Post a Comment