January 16, 2013

Wedensday 2


 I love food photography, though I never profess to be much of a food photographer myself!  Of all the things I cook, David loves my Ratatouille the most. 

* 100 ml olive oil
* 2 onions chopped
* 1 aubergine cut into 1.5cm cubes
* 2 large courgettes, cut into 1.5cm cubes
* 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into 1.5cm cubes
* 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into 1.5cm cubes
* 2 garlic cloves, crushed
* 1 x 400g chopped tomatos
* 2-3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
* 1 tsp soft brown sugar
* 10-12 pitted black olives
* handful basil leaves

1.  Heat the olive oil in a large pan until it is very hot then stir-fry the onions, aubergine, courgettes, peppers and garlic together for a few minutes.  Add the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar to taste and brown sugar.  Season with salt and frshly ground black pepper and stir well.  Cover the pan tightly and simmer for 15 minutes until all the vegetables are cooked.

2.  Remove the pan from the heat, scatter over the black olives and basil leaves.  Serve at once with the accompaiment of your choice (we have pasta). 


* * * * * * * * *


And I still can't believe she is five!

No comments:

Post a Comment