The nursery shelves held books galore!
Books cluttered up the nursery floor!
And in the bedroom, by the bed,
More books were waiting to be read!
Such wondrous, fine, fantastic tales
Of dragons, gypsies, gueens and whales
And treasured isles and distant shores
Where smugglers rowed with muffled oars,
And pirates wearing purple pants,
And sailing ships and elephants.
~ 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' by Roald Dahl
Books cluttered up the nursery floor!
And in the bedroom, by the bed,
More books were waiting to be read!
Such wondrous, fine, fantastic tales
Of dragons, gypsies, gueens and whales
And treasured isles and distant shores
Where smugglers rowed with muffled oars,
And pirates wearing purple pants,
And sailing ships and elephants.
~ 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' by Roald Dahl
This sounds like our entire house!
I'm excited to get these books (for Nicholas and Audrey!) We have borrowed some of them from the library, and I was pleased to find one on sale at our local newsagent. The illustrations are beautiful and the stories are just so lovely.
Speaking of children's books, I came across this blog that included a quiz on You've Got Mail'.
1. What book is Kathleen Kelly reading to the children during story hour when Joe Fox, his brother, and his aunt, stop by The Shoppe Around the Corner? Boy by Roald Dahl
Go to the matresses
3. Who does Frank suspect Birdie was in love with? (Hint: Birdie says he ran Spain.)
4. Facing the failure of her business, Kathleen visits Fox Books. While in the children's section, a customer asks an employee about 'the shoe books'. Who is the author of the shoe books?
5. Part two of question 4...which shoe book does Kathleen say is out of print?
6. Frank, Kathleen's boyfriend, is the nut from The Observer. What inanimate object is he so in love with? Typewriter
7. What is the name of Joe's dog? Brinkley
8. What is Kathleen's favorite flower? Daisy
9. Which book did Kathleen's mother advise a customer to read with a box of tissues?
10. Perhaps unfairly, Kathleen states in an interview that she has heard Joe Fox compare the books he sells to cans of what?
hmmm. I'll have to watch it to see what I had wrong, or did not know. I know that I know the answers to numbers 9 & 10....

No comments:
Post a Comment