It was therapeutic, yesterday. Splitting the pods and letting the tiny seeds fall into a small bowl. It was addictive. I kept thinking "just one more pod". Now I have more rocket seeds than I needed to plant, but nothing that I couldn't place in an envelope for another time.

Caterpillars have been munching on the broccoli and cabbage leaves in the vegetable garden. And what they haven't had, I fear the hail got to in the storm on Tuesday!

Now I am reading about companion planting. Marigolds would look lovely too. If you came to our house and went to the bathroom, you'd think you were in a greenhouse! Our basil is coming along really well, and hopefully the rocket seeds will sprout soon.
-----------------
We visited friends this morning. They gave Nicholas a set of soldiers. He spent all afternoon setting them up. Soldiers aren't something I have considered buying for him before. He loves them. He insisted on holding the box in the car. They weren't to ride in the boot! They are pretty special.

No comments:
Post a Comment