I cannot describe how work has been for me the past couple of weeks. I have always said I handle stress well. I don't know if I have ever really felt stressed but in the past weeks I have certainly felt pressed. You know the saying, "if you want something done, give it to a busy person...?" Well enough is enough! While it is flattering to be considered capable, I don't want work to take up any of my mind space. Or any space outside my work hours. Which just so happens to be three days per week only, I would like to remind them!
Anyway, enough to say that I am actually seeing my doctor tomorrow as my body has been behaving unusually, and I think it may be my body's way of saying "Enough Already!"
So last night I finally pieced my quilt together (with Melanie's help as she has so much common sense when it comes to this stuff). I drew my stitching lines and used a million safety pins to keep it together.
What better thing to do that stitch to take my mind away from things I don't want nesting there. And to do it all while listening to Jane Eyre (I have been reading some and listening to some) or watching North & South, care of Heather.When I came home tonight, this package was waiting for me. A beautiful print each for Nicholas and Audrey.
Nicholas LOVES dinosaurs and the other day set up his own dinosaur museum - with bones, drawings of the dinosaur the bones "came from", ropes, a bookshop and himself as the tour guide. All himself. 


Something to make his wanna-be curator mum proud! Apparently my job is to write three notes for our "neighbour-doors" (Nicholas-speak for next door neighbours) inviting them to his museum. I think he will love the print I got for him.Much nicer to think about all this instead of work...
How cute!! Since Benjy loves dinosaurs too, maybe Nicholas could show him through his museum next time we're over.
ReplyDeleteHow are you enjoying North and South?