So the latest issue arrived today - and includes 25 soup recipes, so I guess my new soup ritual will continue nicely.
I can be easily bought. Well, I can easily give you money if you decide to publish a cookbook. I am sold by rustic looking photography - vintage dresses, wooden spoons, good food, fresh produce and a nice family story will do it.



I bought this cookbook for a bargain $19 today (for David of course!) But this one does have recipes I know I will use.
I feel terrible - it is almost the end of May and so much happened at the beginning of the month that I am yet to record. Least of which was David's birthday! I don't even have photographs. We had a wonderful afternoon tea with friends - one of whom took some photographs with his mobile phone, so when I see him on Saturday night I'll ask if he can download them and email them to me. David finally got the watch that I have been promising for years. We love him very much and are so glad he is in our lives - the kids LOVE celebrating a birthday!!
And of course it was Mother's Day. David has been very thoughtful in helping the kids make me feel special on Mother's Day over the years. I feel very spoilt as I tend to treat these events largely like commercial endeavours, but it is nice to know you are loved.

I have almost finished reading Jane Eyre, which I have really enjoyed. I love the way it is written in the first person, I love the descriptions of rooms, objects and clothing. I think that is why I have enjoyed the BBC adaptation (the most recent one) so much. The detail is beautiful. And what do you know, a new BBC adaptation of Emma is released next week.
Since this adaptation is by the same woman who wrote the screenplays for Jane Eyre and North and South, I am sure I'll enjoy it. I am certainly overdosing on 19th century literature at the moment - and loving it! (Although David doesn't know how I can watch the actress who played Briony Tallis in the film adaptation of Atonement playing Emma...)
A final clip for a marathon post - David and i took Nicholas to an open night at the local primary school last night. I love witnessing Nicholas' excitement as we embark on this new adventure.
When we came home and the kids were in bed David and I enjoyed watching an episode of Grand Designs Revisted with a cup of tea. Here is the last few minutes. It was an amazing episode to watch - the house was hand built and is gorgeous. It didn't surprise me that this was voted the most popular episode.
No comments:
Post a Comment