This afternoon after an episode of sibling friction it felt good to come across my two cherubs reading the Toy Story equivalent of a 'Where's Wally?' book. It feels so good when you stumble across moments like these.
We seem to be preparing for Christmas on the hop this year... I really need to do a list of food we are to prepare for Christmas Day and Boxing Day lunches, any gifts we are yet to get and of course to make this an exciting time for Nicholas and Audrey. I am trying to think of something new to do each day. yesterday was decorating the gingerbread men and before that we watched The Muppet Christmas Carol (the kids are a bit young for that one I think - they were easily distracted!) This morning we made Christmas decorations. Thanks to Mister Maker, "air drying clay" is a big thing in our home. So is PVA glue, which Nicholas believes can do anything
We were slow off the mark to get an advent calender this year and one cannot be found anywhere! The fabric in the photograph above was to be an advent calendar based on this one from InsideOut magazine...
I thought I'd stitch one up and fill the pockets with decorations, candy canes, advent reading... I also saw this on one of my favourite blogs. I could include cards with the things we are actually doing - making biscuits etc.
There is always next year. I think I will make it while I am on holiday now though so that I am not left rushing in 12 months time! Oh yes, after this week I am on holiday - for TWO MONTHS. It could not come quicker for me. Work has been miserable for me this year. And for the better part I have refrained from talking about it here. Can't wait. I just pray the two months doesn't go too quickly...



4th birthday........;)
ReplyDeleteI am TRYING to publish my post with the skirt, but it isn't working!!!!!
Can't wait for you to be on holidays either!
oh yeah... aren't all little girls turning 3???
ReplyDeleteThank you Michelle!! When I saw the ornaments in the Donna Hay mag I searched through to see if I could find a 'stockist' cause I loved them :) never even thought about making them myself lol!! So we're off to get air drying clay and make some too :) probably next week. I can't wait! Yours look great - was it fairly easy?
ReplyDeleteEasiest thing we have done for Christmas yet! We might even do a few more to use with ribbon to wrap around gifts...
ReplyDelete