October 9, 2012

Faithful

Oh to be faithful in the little things.  In the simple things.



Last night I went to bed discouraged after feeling I did not respond to a situation as a parent should.  Instead I felt I reacted like the child.

A book by Fenelon sits beside my bed and I opened it randomly.   Here is a portion of what I read last night:

Try, without forcing yourself, to turn to God and to touch him as often as you can.  Even when you want to touch the Lord and you are distracted, it is important to keep bringing yourself before Him. Do not wait for a perfectly quiet time when you can lock yourself in your room and be alone.  You know how hard it is to find such a time.  The very moment you feel drawn to God is the moment to turn toward Him.  Simply lean toward Him with a heart full of love and trust... Do your work steadily and reliably.  Be patient with yourself. 

Funny that a seventeenth century French theologin (with some modern day translation) can speak sense into my often crowded mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment