October 2, 2012

Tuesday

I am the first to admit I am not a gardener.  I don't know if it is because I do not naturally have a green thumb or, which I'd tend to lean towards, because I do not have the drive to invest the time required to tend and care for a beautiful flower garden.  When presented with a potted flower as a gift I immediately feel the pressure!  I say all of this because a) we went to Floriade yesterday (photographs below)and b) I ahve just thrown a scrap of withered brown potted plant away.  It was a lovely gift for my birthday...





I do however, get joy from preparing a herb garden and vegetable garden.  I recently planted seed for our Spring/Summer garden, posted here.  The tiny green beginnings of the seedlings are now starting to appear.

This morning I picked an armful of rhubarb, which is actually my favourite plant in the garden as it yields so much with little effort on my part!  I was remiss in not taking a photograph before cutting the stems.

I also made a pear and raspberry loaf.  I was keen to make this, but apprehensive at the same time, as we have a little ritual on Saturday's in that while Audrey is at ballet we sit at a local coffee spot and have cappuccino's, milkshake for Nicholas and toasted pear and raspberry bread.  I while I love it and wanted to make it myself, I wondered if it would take away from the loveliness of our Saturday ritual.  I may have to try something else for a spell.  In any case, I'm thrilled with how the loaf turned out.



I'll have to post a picture later when it is cut. :)

Right now, we are heading to the library and for some ice cream after.

No comments:

Post a Comment