October 3, 2012

Wednesday

So today I will write down some thoughts, for myself, on health and well-being.  I know that I put myself out on a limb here because I will be held accountable for what I say.  In short, I am going to eat smaller portions, drink much more water, walk more and be consistent with my Pilate's. ;)

This year, being one of a significant number, means that I have spent some time reflecting on where I am in life and how I feel.  This is because being of a certain age (:p), a working mother and wife, in the first years of paying a mortgage, I have often found myself feeling sluggish and tired.

A couple of months ago we stayed with David's cousin and as his wife is a naturopath I endeavoured to ask her for some advice.  After chatting a bit while driving the the Little Desert, while the guys were in the other car, we decided to make some time when back home to do a bit of a stock take. 

She said that whenever she is feeling that way she has a look at three compartments of her life: physical, emotional and spiritual.  She looks at the areas in these parts of her life where she is doing well and also where she could be doing better.  This reminded me of a blog post I saw years ago. 


When I came home from this holiday I used a small Kikki K folder in which to put these pages.  I have added three more sections to my journal ~ family and home, create (sewing and scrapbooking projects)and read (to keep track of one of my favourite passtimes)


While these are thoughts that have passed through my mind many times it is only since taking this self imposed hiatus from my job that I have taken time to think about the things in each of these areas of my life that I want to change.  I am not going to write of them regularly in this space - it is much easier to have my notebook handy to pick up and scribble in when I'm inspired by a recipe, an inspirational quote or something that I would like to apply to my life intentionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment