We made our own potato chips following these instructions.
Audrey had her first sewing lesson. I've had these little doll sewing kits put away for a while and she has been desperate to do one. I told her we would in the holidays. She didn't forget.
She helped me bake as well. If people didn't know any better they'd think we were the perfect 1950's mother and daughter team! ;)
And my young paleantologist. Thrilled with this shirt. he told me he wishes clothes could grow so he could keep wearing it forever. He says it is just like Nigel Marven's.
And for me, I am so excited to be close to completing my quilt. This fabric arrived in the mail, reading for the binding. I so wish that I had used this particular one for the backing of my quilt, but at the time I couldn't fnd any in Australia. I used a fabric from another French general range instead (I think Pom Pom de Paris). Now I have found a stockist with (what I think) are good prices I'd like to order a metre every fortnight just to stash it away while I can! I told david the other week that receiving a bundle of fabric gives me the same feeling as receiving a bunch of flowers. I feel like I am smiling from the inside and just want to look at it all day. :) David has often brought home a surprise bundle. My favourite of his stories is when he went on a church men's fishing trip and he stopped at a fabric shop on the coast and asked them if they carried the French General range. A particular friend of ours who was with him apparently did not look all that comfortable in a fabric shop.
And no, I will not be sewing it on this machine.
No comments:
Post a Comment