Then we had children, which opened up a door to new joys and pleasures, which we wouldn't change for the world. I think back to when I would stress about whether or not I could breastfeed my baby, if he dropped a toy on the floor it was immediately put away to be washed and sanitised. Life moved on as it does and this blog documents many of my thoughts and experiences along the way. Baby number two came along and all of the above continued. I have my favourite blogs that I read and I would pick things up from the experiences of others that I thought would be good to incorporate into my own family's lives.
I am sitting here after negotiating child care for Audrey next year. I think about how differently I feel about it now, to when I had to do the same thing for Nicholas at 7 months old. I was anxious and was thankful for big sunglasses and the bus trip to work as it gave me the opportunity to dry my eyes before I got to my desk!
Audrey will remain at preschool for another year which we(and her teachers!) believe will be the best thing for her. It also means that we will need to find care for another two days. I have contacted two childcare / early childhood centres. Given that she is older and would be able to start school if necessary I feel quite different about the situation now. but I don't want just any child minding service. I'd like something that engages her and is an enriching experience for her. Something, that with her continued days at preschool, will continue to prepare her, socially and emotionally, for school.
I guess I am more pragmatic these days. I have moved on from the "baby stage" blogs as well. I find myself more often than not rolling my eyes at the trivial things that are blogged about in those first years. A bit unkind I suppose, but as I am looking at 18 months before I return to full time work (gulp!) I guess I am being more pragmatic about the times we live in. Still, I worry a times for Nicholas but in concealing my concern I try to teach him more about resilience and about being independent.
So I guess what is around the corner and how we navigate it remains to be seen, but I know it will all be built around what is right for our family.

Beautiful :) and well said. Thanks for sharing
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post :)
ReplyDelete