Apparently my advance copy of this book is already on its way! I love still photography, and food photography as well. I 'm looking forward to browsing through this cookbook and mastering a couple of recipes my sister-in-law can eat. :)
While I am kind of talking food, David and I watched a documentary the other week on food. It came out a little while ago, it just took us some time to get around to watching it. I am glad we did. You should watch it too.
During the end credits the following list appears:
* Buy from companies that treat workers, animals and the environment with respect.
* When you go to the supermarket, choose foods that are in season. Buy foods that are organic. Know what is in your food. Read labels.
* Know what you buy.
* The average meal travels 1,500 miles from the farm to the supermarket. Buy foods that are grown locally. Shop at farmer's markets. Plant a garden (even a small one).
* Cook a meal with your family and eat together.
* Everyone has the right to healthy food.
* Ask your school board to provide healthy lunch options.
* If you say grace, ask for food that will keep us, and the planet, healthy.
* You can change the world with every bite.
When there is so much that is readily available to us we can often we think it is too hard. I challenge anyone reading this to make a commitment to do just some of the things suggested above.
No comments:
Post a Comment