May 9, 2008

friday's musings

a big day out today for a simple task - to get A weighed. getting the bus keeping a toddler within reach and a (thankfully content) baby in the Baby Bjorn takes some preparation and the willingness to be gone for a couple (or a few) hours.

N was well behaved, considering how long we were gone for - although I did catch him pushing another child at the clinic and tried my best "public chastising" voice together with the surprised "my child would never do that" look :-)

then I went to get some photographs developed (I'm way behind on this) and had brought the wrong disk with me.

we went and had cheeseburgers for lunch and to get a couple of things for Mother's Day. the lady at the register kept fiddling around with her drawer and the plastic bags instead of serving us so we missed our bus home by 3 minutes. not fun when the next one is an hour away. (read into that a grumpy me today). we then bought a couple of Little Golden Books so N would have something to do while I changed and fed A.

admittedly I picked the books I thought looked fun, and whose illustrations I was particularly taken by. two of them are for A - my second to none baby... Auntie Mel :-)

here is a picture of her because I think she is an angel.

we got to the bus station for our next bus and by this stage I was so thirsty. I had just enough change for a can of coke and although I heard the can drop, it did not appear anywhere. frustrated at how my day was turning out I went to wait at my stop. a college student then came up to me with my coke - so I publicly take back all the generalisations I've made about college students!

oh, big news is that we're biting the bullet and putting N into a big bed next week. not a toddler bed, a "big" bed. :-( my boy is growing up. and we need the cot for A before she rolls out of the 35 year old one she is currently sleeping in.

finally, here is a pic of a very carrot topped me and my 18-ish year old mum, who gave up who knows how much to have me, and raise me for what probably felt like zillions of years! thanks mum and a very happy mother's day, everyday. ;-)


4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you had a frustrating day (I'm not a fan of those types of days!) but Audrey certainly does look gorgeous in that photo! and so nice that the college student gave you your coke! I loved hearing about that.

    Here's hoping the transition to the big bed for Nicholas goes really smoothly :)
    Have a great mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! You're so GOOD catching a bus... even though it didn't go the best. That picture of 'Pea' looks SO beautiful. Have a Happy Mother's Day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did very well, Michelle!! You're a great mum.

    Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS I love that picture of you and your beautiful mum.

    ReplyDelete