May 6, 2008

the pea and the green sheep


the other day I posted a link to a shop called the 'Princess and the Pea'. I came across the shop while looking for the story, because A's new nickname is now "the princess and the pea". we'll call her "Pea" for short! if someone (particularly her brother) makes too much noise, she bursts into a dramatic cry. if someone dares to speak while she is feeding, she bursts into a cry. and if we are walking with her in the pram and hit a bump in the footpath, there she goes again.
thankfully though, like her brother, she sleeps through noise. :-)

the other day N was in trouble for hitting "Pea" in a fit of enthusiasm. later I put her safely in his cot where the sides are too high for him to reach her, so that I could get a couple of things done. I heard much talking coming from his room, and found he had pulled his little chair to the side of the cot and was "reading" to his sister. I just had to film it to show D. it is not all that clear, but can be heard here. another day I found him "reading" Brown Bear, Brown Bear aloud to himself - of course his mum is absolutely thrilled that he loves books!



Where is the Green Sheep is special to us as we had read it to N since he was about six months old. I later even took him to a great little pantomime of it. I don't know how many people we have bought the book for - we should receive royalties from Mem Fox!!


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous07 May, 2008

    So, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi michelle - I just noticed under your 'places I wander' that you've got 'joy in the journey'. I just found her blog today (can't remember where from...) and read an article by her and was impressed :)

    small world eh

    ReplyDelete
  3. guess what? I found it through a link from one of your posts! :-)

    ReplyDelete