May 4, 2008

what time is it?


O sleep, O gentle sleep,Nature’s soft nurse,
how have I frighted thee,
That thou no more wilt weigh my eyelids down
And steep my senses in forgetfulness?"
William Shakespeare Henry VI (3.1.7-10)

I was up late last night - my own fault. I have discovered that you can get so much done after the kids go to bed if you stay up until 1am!! unfortunately I wasn't planning on A waking 3-4 times after I finally went to bed. and then N deciding today was a good day to have an early start to the day at 7am...

I have never been one to be hung up on how my kids sleep - I think people can make too much of their baby's sleep and only end up stressing themselves. I'm usually more of a go with the flow type of person. I smile when I remember a quote that says "people who say they slept like a baby have obviously never had a baby!" D asks how I manage to keep going when I am up at least two times through the night. I guess I just do - it's like being on autopilot. except when it is 3 or 4 times in 6 hours! when it is quiet in the middle of the night it would be a lovely harmoneous time, cuddling A as she fed... if only I wasn't thinking "I want to go back to bed, I want to go back to bed..."

tonight we are having a 30th birthday dinner for D, so will be busy preparing today. there will be about 29 people, once both our families are together and a couple of friends show up, so I guess it won't be an early night tonight either!

"We are such stuff as dreams are made on, rounded with a little sleep."

William Shakespeare The Tempest (4.1)

No comments:

Post a Comment