May 2, 2008

productive day

finally, a creative day - even if something basic. I love covering these mini-albums. I like to use them for a specific theme. I have one I did early last year, full of quotes I found inspiring, things I wanted to achieve and resolutions for the year. in 2006 I had an up and down year as far as emotions went, and didn't want to see 2007 go the same way, so scrapped a book on things that were positive.

I also have an album I have covered for pictures from family holidays:

today I covered one for D's mother to put photos of her garden in. (a belated birthday present). I'll also include garden quotes on random pages. I love Basic Grey papers by the way...


today is D's birthday - a grown up 30! N and I made a chocolate cake, which we will ice and cover with sprinkles. N has been practising "happy birthday" all day. of course the candle will be for him to blow out.


** addition: pictures of the cake decorating and candle blowing!

I have been browsing craft magazines, and even looking at patchwork! once I finish the cross stitch I'm doing for A, I think I'll venture into a new world and try a quilt for mum. maybe I'll have it finished by Christmas...

I ordered this book on the recommendation of a sewer, so am determined to be serious about this thing! D ordered this one at the same time, so I guess we will both be perfecting something creative!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous02 May, 2008

    Well done on a productive day!!!
    The mini albums look great - great idea for Dave's mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you. Well done! They look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you're soooooo creative. You are one very talented woman!!!

    ReplyDelete