April 23, 2008

food for thought

so I told D that today I would make sure all the washing and ironing was done, then tomorrow I can concentrate on getting our bags packed and an early dinner ready for us so we can get away as soon as he is home from work. simple, right?


at the moment A wants to be held. all the time. I love her little warm body cuddled up to me. but for the rest of my life to be able to function I need to put her down! and N seems to have discovered the word "no!" in a big way - he screams it. which was difficult today when I am trying to get him to eat his lunch and put him to bed, so that I can vacuum. [is my house the only one that needs vacuuming within a day of doing it??]
but, before I go, here is an article I read on blogs and choosing which ones to read. (I'm loving this blog thing but I need to do this or I'd be here for days and the floors would never be vacuumed). here I have listed those few I have been reading for a long time, as well as a couple of others that have recently caught my eye - at least for this month! when I get home I want to tidy my blog up. I want the font in the side bar to be smaller - and why do I end up with some paragraphs having bigger spacing than the others??? and because I still don't know where I am headed with this thing (I'm stumbling along at random) I've only made it available to a handful of trusted friends for now...

today I have also been thinking about art. in highschool and college my favourite subjects (probably coming as no surprise to anyone) were english literature, history and art. I loved sketching mostly, and don't know what I ever did with my sketches... I desperately want to take another class, but am satisfied with the knowledge that the classes will still be there when my two little miracles are just a bit older. at the moment though I am loving an attempt at collages and multi-media art. (stamps, paper, photographs, paint etc)
oh, and soon I'll be having a Stampin Up! party. I'm looking forward to it. :)


**the pictures on this post were taken last year at a friends 1860 stone cottage in Braidwood.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to that article Michelle. Good food for thought. Have a nice weekend away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks - glad you're enjoying yourself too. we'll all come back with our batteries charged!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a good time away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there.... missing you in blog world....looking forward to hearing how you all went :)

    ReplyDelete