it is D who does most of our cooking. I like to bake though, and last week the autumn Donna Hay magazine arrived in the mail. friends bought me a two year subscription (the best present!) for my birthday last year. her style is gorgeous and the pictures make you feel like preparing an amazing picnic and heading out to the countryside.
when I am hanging out the washing I like to look through the gate into our backyard. I look through bushes to the vegetable garden and the chicken coop. our block is so big and I am only now beginning to picture what it can be. one day when time and money allow.
I read a book called Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. it is about a year when the author's family decided to eat only food produced in the same place where they lived. they were allowed one exception each - because how else do you maintain the worthy addictions of coffee and chocolate?? it makes you yearn for a simpler life. although simple in the way you appreciate "little" things, because it is really a lot of hard work to live this way. but we can all slow down and take the time to be grateful for the sun on your back while you hang out washing, for the way a meal is prepared, or for eating together as a family.
here is N, where he can be most often found when you think things are a little too quite - either feeding or harassing the chickens.
The last Donna Hay made me want to go and pick nuts :)
ReplyDeleteNicholas looks like the perfect farmer!
lol that's cute - for some reason I can't picture Nicholas harassing ANYTHING!
ReplyDelete