'Off with her head!' the Queen shouted at the top of her voice. Nobody moved.
'Who cares for you?' said Alice, (she had grown to her full size by this time.) 'You're nothing but a pack of cards!'
At this the whole pack rose up into the air, and came flying down upon her: she gave a little scream, half of fright and half of anger, and tried to beat them off…
last night this image came to my mind. I thought of three more books I'd like to read. they keep publishing them faster than I can read them. and then I think about updating N's baby book, actually writing more than A's name in hers, starting her scrapbook and finally finishing N's. I then dream about the sewing I'd like to do and before I know it I feel like Alice in Wonderland with the deck of cards falling all around her! at least last night I pulled out the cross stitch I started when pregnant with N. I will finish it for A to use in the cot...
and then I realised it is only 10 weeks before I am back at work - that's when I "gave a little scream"! :o)

Just do it :)
ReplyDeleteHousework will never go away, but
Our little ones are gonna grow up someday!
So easy to say though hey :)
very true. that is why I often say "oh, I have done the washing / vacuuming / ironing [choose one for any given day] so now I should sew / read / scrap / blog" :)
ReplyDeleteHi there, welcome home. Missed you... Love the pics from your holiday :)Alicia has missed Nicholas. Alicia says " Nicholas is my... friend!"
ReplyDeleteMaybe you oughta bring that gorgeous cross stitch to HFG and work it while the Bible Study's being taught!!!
ReplyDelete:o)
would love to sit quietly at HFG listening while doing cross stitch, but the way I've been juggling my two kids the past few weeks... I don't think so!
ReplyDeleteby the way, the cross stitch pattern is similar to the sampler you did once. I remember driving to a youth camp with you and Jeanette and you were both cross stitching in the car!