April 20, 2008

on albums and lots of pictures!

well, we have now all had the dreaded bug. D came down with it yesterday - I got it on Friday, but am feeling better already. I expect he should only have it a short time as well. so we have quarantined ourselves for the weekend.
I am glad it is now though, as we are going away on Thursday and I'd have hated for us to have to cancel the trip. we are off to Wagga - my favourite weekend away! we stay with D's aunt and uncle. they have a large block with gorgeous gardens a greenhouse, geese, chickens and swans! we will take N to the botanic gardens there, which also houses a petting zoo. here are a couple of pictures of N when he was about15 months. he looks so little!


a year ago we were thinking of moving to Wagga or Armidale. here are the houses we looked at on the net. It has always been my dream to own an old home. Canberra isn't old enough for them though. :(

this is the house in Armidale:

and here is the one in Wagga.

both cheaper than what we have bought here in Canberra. I like our house here though - it is feeling more like home. anyway, home is about the people within the walls, right?
everybody is either in bed or having their breakfast. I have been looking at Ali Edwards site this morning. i love her miniBOOKS and enjoy doing them - they feel achievable!
I also like her post on "telling your story". this is what I hope to do for my heritage album. just display the pictures and tell the persons story. here are my grandmothers. sadly they have passed away, so didn't get to know their great-grandkids.
I like this one of my mum's mum - she is about 15. when I think about her I think of her sense of humour, the beautiful baby clothes she knitted (which I'm now getting use of), Elvis and Days of our Lives! :)

here is my dad's mum - I am not sure how old she is. when I think of her I think of 'Oil of Olay', her always manicured nails and late nights watching tennis or cricket. I have her old singer sewing machine. I know she grew potatoes and sold them to buy it. she sewed her children's clothes on it. I can even remember seeing her use it when I was little. I now have the machine in our entrance and use it as a hall table. it isn't a fancy, ornate singer, but I love it because it has her story. I'll have to get moving on that album!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle, seems like we had it on the same day.. So revolting!! Glad your feeling better. We are home for weekend too. Give our love and sympathy to Dave. oxox

    ReplyDelete