
I was browsing on ebay yesterday and came across a vintage toy Holly Hobbie sewing machine. I had the doll, the thermos and the lunch box. these days I only have the mug left. they use the word "vintage" for toys I had when I was little! a good thing I love vintage - although I associate the word with 1920's, 30's...
I looked her up on the net and there is a whole Holly Hobbie collectors world out there. and now there is a revamped 21st century Holly! maybe A will like her when she is older. I think I'd prefer that to Bratz etc anyway.
this got me thinking about the other things I loved when I was younger - Trixie Belden. I'd lie in bed at night with my cool light on the bedhead, eating honey sandwiches and reading the books. I had about 25 of them. looking her up on the net I find there are even Trixie Belden conventions! and of course you can't go past Enid Blyton. whether it was the Faraway Tree, the Secret Seven or the Children of Cherry Tree Farm. I loved them all.
No comments:
Post a Comment