April 22, 2008

music

the music I listen to changes constantly. my mum once said she never met anyone with such an eclectic taste in music. some of it drives D crazy (like my world music!). you know the guys who stand in shopping centres playing exciting south/central american music? yeah, that's them. or the various African / Tibetan / Eastern European cd's I have.... he likes some of the European stuff. I also love instrumental and classical. probably my alltime favourite though is folk music. I used to romanticise about being a hippie!!

If I was 20 in 1970 I know I'd be listening to Joni Mitchell, James Taylor, Carole King and Joan Baez. not to mention Cat Stevens and Bob Dylan. ask anyone in my family - they'll tell you...

a youube heavy post this time, but how can you not hear the music??





maybe it is because in the 3rd grade we had a music teacher named Mr Ralph who played acoustic guitar and taught us to sing songs like Bridge Over Troubled Water, You've got a Friend and Imagine.

so continuing on the list theme, here are some of my eclectic favourites.

1.
Sarah Maclachlan (a seperate post to come on her another day)
2. Luka Bloom
3. Loreena McKennitt
4. Yo-Yo Ma
5. Peter Gabriel
6. Keith Green (his love and passion for the Lord is always inspirational)
another christian who once wanted to be a hippie. and probaby was!


7. U2
8. Norah Jones
9. Sara Groves
10. Madeleine Peyroux
11. Ladysmith Black Mambazo
12. Wendy Matthews

the list doesn't really do justice to the variety, but there you go. a glimpse at some of my music.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I loved seeing Keith Green. Even on our video you don't see that whole song. He was SO talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music is very personal, like time capsuals that conjour up memories of places, people or events in our lives. That's why it is ever changing and is perhaps part of its magic.

    ReplyDelete